Software Developer Internship
About the Role
We’re looking for a developer intern to help us build our artificial intelligence powered patient- and clinic-facing web applications. Day-to-day, you will be part of our development team, and will interact with our growing team of designers, data scientists, and clinicians. This role requires someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, always-evolving environment.
- Develop modern software that solves challenging healthcare problems and improves care for patients
- Work on front-end and back-end architecture and code across the entire application
- Participate in dev-ops activities as required (configuration, deployment, release cycles)
- Follow agile principles to ship code weekly and continuously improve the team’s performance and processes
- Help the team breakdown projects into development tasks and estimate complexity
- Develop code in a manner that is compliant with healthcare privacy and security requirements
- Collaborate frequently with other team members (technical and non-technical)
- The idea of “fixing healthcare” appeals to you, and you’re interested in applying your expertise to real-world healthcare challenges
- You are curious and motivated to learn new skills
- You balance writing high-quality, generalizable code with minimizing scope and shipping code often
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Comfortable in a fast paced, high-growth environment
- Strong written and verbal communicator, who enjoys working with a team and mentoring others
- Experience developing using React and/or Node
- Understanding of serverless technologies and experience with cloud platforms (AWS)
This is a paid, Calgary-based position with additional perks and benefits. The internship is full time for 6 months with the potential to join full time after.
This role is being supported by the Digital Skills for Youth Wage Subsidy.
If you’re interested, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a bit about yourself.
<Back to Careers Page