Mikata Health is a technology company based in Calgary, Alberta. We transform the experience of going to the doctor and we have massive ambitions to improve healthcare for people around the world while building a successful business. We were recently awarded the A100 One to Watch award for being voted start-up most likely to succeed and recently raised additional funding to grow our team.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced developer to help us build our artificial intelligence powered patient- and clinic-facing web applications. Day-to-day, you will be part of our development team, and will interact with our growing team of designers, data scientists, and clinicians. This role requires someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, always-evolving environment.
- Develop modern software that solves challenging healthcare problems and improves care for patients
- Work on front-end and back-end architecture and code across the entire application
- Participate in dev-ops activities as required (configuration, deployment, release cycles)
- Follow agile principles to ship code weekly and continuously improve the team’s performance and processes
- Help the team breakdown projects into development tasks and estimate complexity
- Develop code in a manner that is compliant with healthcare privacy and security requirements
- Collaborate frequently with other team members (technical and non-technical)
- The idea of “fixing healthcare” appeals to you, and you’re interested in applying your expertise to real-world healthcare challenges
- You are curious and motivated to learn new skills (e.g., machine learning)
- You balance writing high-quality, generalizable code with minimizing scope and shipping code often
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Comfortable in a fast paced, high-growth environment
- Strong written and verbal communicator, who enjoys working with a team and mentoring others
Your skills and expertise
- Solid understanding of serverless technologies and experience with cloud platforms (AWS)
- Work with SQL databases (PostgreSQL)
- Dev-ops (configuration, deployment, release cycles), agile development, mentoring others
- Experience writing effective tests
This is a Calgary-based, full-time position with a competitive salary and additional perks and benefits. This includes health and dental, culture of learning and development, flexible vacation and work hours, team outings and events. Due to COVID-19 our entire team is currently working from home but are planning a safe return to our office in Calgary.
If you’re interested, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a bit about yourself.
<Back to Careers Page