Sales and Growth Specialist
Mikata Health is an award-winning technology company based in Calgary, Alberta. Our mission is to make it easy for clinics to provide outstanding care to every patient. We have big ambitions not only to improve healthcare for people around the world, but also build a market-leading company.
About the Role
This entry-level position is primarily focused on outbound sales and customer growth, but will span to customer service, onboarding, and other areas. As a Mikata team member, you’ll have a direct influence on the direction and growth of the team and company as a whole!
You can expect your week to consist of having outbound conversations with prospective customers (primarily cold calls), building an extensive database of leads to pursue, and researching new markets and opportunities. You’ll collaborate closely with the rest of the sales and growth team and the co-founders to ensure that Mikata Health is pursuing opportunities that can help grow our customer base quickly and efficiently.
Though this is an entry-level role, it has high potential for internal growth tailored to your skills and interests.
The role will encompass various aspects:
- Complete 50+ cold calls per day
- Continuously source new leads to enter into the sales pipeline
- Utilize different communication methods to communicate with key decision makers
- Collect detailed information on each lead and keep an organized sales pipeline
- Become an expert in our product in both usage and benefits
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to ensure a consistent and efficient sales pipeline
- Research and collect data on attractive new markets (geographic and industry)
- Constant self-assessment and self-growth (never stop learning!)
- Other aspects will include assisting with customer onboarding and customer success
- 1 + years experience in outbound sales (cold-calling experience highly preferred)
- Experience working with CRM software systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically: exceptional phone presence and email writing with an ability to build relationships remotely
- Strong research skills with an ability to present and organize findings
- You genuinely enjoy working directly with people in a customer-facing role
- An ability to be creative and innovative when completing tasks
- Self-motivated, willing to jump in and start figuring things out – there’s no formula for this role!
- You’re curious, ask lots of questions, and learn quickly
- Excellent at multitasking and would thrive in a rapidly changing start-up environment
- You’re team-oriented and have a sense of humour
- The idea of “fixing healthcare” motivates you!
This is a Calgary-based, full-time position with a competitive salary and additional perks and benefits. This includes health and dental, culture of learning and development, flexible vacation and work hours, team outings and events. Due to COVID-19 our entire team is currently working from home but are planning a safe return to our office in Calgary.
If you’re interested, please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself.