People and Culture Manager
Mikata Health is an award-winning technology company based in Calgary, Alberta. We make it easy for clinics to provide outstanding care to every patient. We have big ambitions to transform the healthcare experience in Canada and beyond, and to build an incredible team of people while doing so.
About the Role
Your role focuses on growing and supporting our people, company, and culture. You will build strong relationships with all team members as we build our team. You will report directly to our COO and the role encompasses various aspects including:
- Leading recruiting activities, job offers, agreements
- Facilitate onboarding and offboarding team members
- Guiding and supporting career development
- Working closely with our CEO and COO on strategic people initiatives
- Team Well-being and Growth
- Work with our management and brokers to support team benefits
- Build a healthy, positive office environment
- Support team training
- Support team performance program and improvement
- Team Processes and Policies
- Administer and develop our HR tech stack
- Support team access, tools
- Support full team meetings
- Manage in-person / remote communications
- Build and maintain handbook and policies
- Create and update HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with all relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Culture and Engagement
- Supporting and encouraging team communication across business areas
- Integrate inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility in all of our programs and processes
- Champion scaling our culture and connection to our mission through building new culture programs and engagement initiatives.
- Organize events and activities for the team and clients
- Experience working at a start-up/scale-up environment
- You foster community that allows people to be their best
- You bring energy and enthusiasm everyday to everytask
- You care deeply about developing an amazing employee experience
- You are an excellent collaborator and use these skills to champion internal initiatives across the organization
- You are thorough and analytical and take actions to drive impactful results
- You’re curious, ask lots of questions, and learn quickly
- You communicate openly, clearly, and often
- You’re a resourceful problem-solver who’s determined to get the job done
- Excellent at managing multiple priorities and thrive in a rapidly changing start-up environment
- Comfortable presenting to individuals and groups (virtually and in person)
- Team-oriented and sense of humor
- The idea of “fixing healthcare” motivates you
This is a Calgary-based, full-time position with a competitive salary and additional perks and benefits. This includes health and dental, culture of learning and development, flexible vacation and work hours, team outings and events.
If you’re interested, please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself.