Business Development Representative
Mikata Health is an award-winning technology company based in Calgary, Alberta. Our mission is to make it easy for clinics to provide outstanding care to every patient. We have big ambitions not only to improve healthcare for people around the world, but also build a market-leading company.
About the Role
This role is focused on creating and pursuing high quality opportunities to drive customer growth at Mikata Health. You will have conversations with prospective customers, build an extensive database of leads to pursue, and research new markets to enter. You will collaborate closely with the rest of the sales and growth team and the cofounders to ensure that Mikata Health is pursuing opportunities that can help grow our customer base quickly and efficiently. This role has potential for significant internal growth tailored to your skill sets.
The role will encompass various aspects:
- Opportunity Generation
- Continuously build out a list of leads to enter into the sales pipeline
- Complete 50+ cold calls per day
- Utilize different communication methods to follow up with leads and actively pursue key decision makers
- Collect and present detailed information on each lead to ensure future sales activities are completed effectively
- Become an expert in our product in both usage and benefits
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to make sure the whole sales pipeline is consistent and efficient
- Collect and analyze data on potential geographical markets to pursue
- Provide updated and thorough research on attractive markets that can find value in Mikata Health’s services
- Maintain a database of competitive product offerings in the healthcare market and detailed information on each offering
- Other responsibilities will include assisting with:
- Customer onboarding
- Customer success
- 1 + years experience in a client-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically: exceptional phone presence and email writing with an ability to build relationships remotely
- Strong research skills with an ability to present and organize findings
- Enjoy working with people in a customer-facing role
- An ability to be creative and innovative when completing tasks
- Self-motivated and willing to jump in and start figuring things out, there’s no formula for this role!
- You’re curious, ask lots of questions, and learn quickly
- Excellent at multitasking and would thrive in a rapidly changing start-up environment
- Team-oriented and sense of humor
- The idea of “fixing healthcare” motivates you
This is a Calgary-based, full-time position with a competitive salary and additional perks and benefits. Due to COVID-19 our entire team is currently working from home and we will be following health authority recommendations for when we can safely return to our office in Calgary.
If you’re interested, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a bit about yourself.
<Back to Careers Page